I bought the black model of the Tozo NC9 for my husband after I bought the T6 model for myself last year. He has been using the NC9 for a few days and is very happy with the purchase. (I also bought an older version last year, the T10, but I missed the volume control...
I bought the black model of the Tozo NC9 for my husband after I bought the T6 model for myself last year. He has been using the NC9 for a few days and is very happy with the purchase. (I also bought an older version last year, the T10, but I missed the volume control option, so I returned them).
About the NC9, here is my review:
- NOISE CANCELLATION (5*): they don''t cancel all the sounds, like when someone is talking to you, but it does cancel background noises, like a dishwasher or my super noisy AC (a big plus!). I''d say that it cancels an 80% of the noise of my extremely maddening AC without listening to music.
- TOUCH CONTROL (5*): The touch control is responsive but NOT excessively sensitive. I was worried about this, but I’ve been using them for a while and I’ve only started/paused them a couple of times when I took them out of the charging case. The touch control is activated only when it touches your skin, so it doesn’t work in contact with fabric, hair, etc., which is a relief since I live up north and I always wear a wood hat when I’m outdoor during the winter.
- INDEPENDENT EARBUDS (5*): Each earbud, Left and Right, can be used independently, so you can use one while you recharge the other. However, I don’t think that you can use each earbud on different devices unless they are far from each other. Obviously, if you use only one earbud you will lose the NC mode and the option that turns on the NC mode (one tap, left ear) will simply pause/start the music.
- SOUND QUALITY (4.5*): I’m not a professional musician, but I think that the sound quality is good! VOLUME: I think that the volume is lower than other earbuds, but I don''t listen to loud music, so I''m ok with that.
- MICROPHONE (5*): when I speak with my family, they hardly ever notice I’m using a hands-free device (at least while I’m indoors, I haven’t tested them outdoors).
- SIZE & FIT (5*): I love the ergonomic fit! They are comfortable and secure when I run. I don''t think that they are smaller than the T6, they are just shaped differently, wider and flatter than the T6, so they don''t stick out of your ear as much. The main difference is that each earbud, right and left, is shaped differently, so you can''t change sides. They are still on the big side for my ears (I’m an average-sized woman), but they fit perfectly for my husband (see pictures). I will still give them five stars because I guess that the size is still necessary to make them efficient. I’m sure that they will improve this as soon as the technology progresses.
- TEXTURE (4*): My only issue is that they feel a bit more plasticky than the T6 and I don''t like the noise they make when they rub against the fabric.
- BATTERY LIFE (5*): I think that battery life is excellent! Yesterday, I used them for 5 hours straight, so I''m happy with that. Also, I almost always use each earbud independently so I can swap them when the battery is low.
- VOICE (5*): I like to hear a voice that tells me if the earbuds are connected/disconnected, etc. to make sure they are on. The voice does not sound 100% natural, but it sounds much more natural than the previous model.
- CASE (4.5*): I like the size of the case, but I wish it was just slightly smaller. The lid opening is magnetic and it opens 90 degrees. Also, it doesn''t have the T6 issue with earbuds too slippery to pull them out of the charger.
- VOLUME CONTROL (5*): You can use them with your smart TV and increase or lower the volume easily. Some models don''t have a volume option and you need to control it with your device, but they are incompatible with the volume control of smart TVs. This is why I bought the T6 and the NC9 works exactly the same way.
- CONNECTION (3/4*): When I was running with them for the first time I had some frustrating connection problems, but they magically disappeared after 10 minutes. Perhaps it was my phone... It still cuts off occasionally (not very often) when I run, but this seems to be an issue with Bluetooth earbuds in general.
- NOT WATERPROOF (?*): when I jog I sweat A LOT, so I miss being able to come home and simply wash them. But it seems that they can''t make waterproof NC earbuds for some reason.
Personally, I think that Tozo did a great job with the NC9 and that they deserve 4/5 stars!